• 30 Nov 2022 - 16:10
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Parradox Entertainment (UK)  (Read 4741 times)

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
Parradox Entertainment (UK)
« on: 11 Oct 2013 - 00:03 »

New label Parradox Entertainment are releasing some interesting bits.

Corleone - I bought this one today in HMV. (It was cheaper than online)

As seen on Sky Arts and based on a true story. ´Corleone´ narrates the life of Totò Riina between 1943 and 1993. From a difficult adolescence to his rise to power within Cosa Nostra , passing via the many bloody episodes which saw his ascent.

A story which starts when, as an adolescent, the future boss powerlessly witnesses the death of his father and younger brother in the explosion of a bomb leftover from the war. From that moment on, he becomes the head of the family and will have to fight poverty. He creates a small group of extremely trusted followers with Provenzano and Bagarella, he joins up with the most powerful criminals of Corleone who climbs the ladder towards mafia power, first dominating Corleone then Palermo.

These are extremely bloody events which see the conquering of power by means of unprecedented violence and hundreds of deaths. Only a childhood friend, Biagio Schirò, chooses another destiny, that of becoming a police officer and undertaking the mission of routing his ex-companion in an extremely delicate role which will make him persecutor and pursued and will lead him to run enormous risks.

Corleone´ is also the story of Riina s great enemies, the martyrs who have fought the mafia to extreme consequences, from the head of Police Mangano, to Boris Giuliano, the general Dalla Chiesa, the judges Terranova, Costa, Falcone and Borsellino, and the group of Captain Ultimo who, on January 15, 1993, will succeed in finding and arresting Totò Riina.

The Last Godfather - Starring Michele Placido

Based on a gripping true story. After the arrest of the biggest Boss, Totò Riina (the miniseries Corleone), control of the mafia is now in the hands of Bernardo Provenzano, the man who, together with Riina, climbed to the top of the sicilian mafia. Provenzano inherits a weakened mafia especially after the revelations of the witnesses, but his objective is to rebuild it thanks to a new strategy: no more outstanding murders or attacks on institutions, but a slow and invisible rebuilding of the economic and criminal relationships which, in the span of a few years, will permit the mafia to regain power.

Nothing is known of the last godfather, not even his face. The only known photograph goes back to more than fifty years. Provenzano is a ghost and in order to discover his hideout, the Police decide to create a task force of twenty-five men whose sole objective is to bring an end to the longest concealment in the history of crime.

Political Target - Directed by Michele Soavi

The return of the Red Brigade in Italy, after 11 years of silence from this terrorist organization, was a traumatic event for the entire country, besides obviously for the families of the victims killed: the professors D Antona and Biagi, and subsequently the police superintendent Petri. It was precisely from this death that the investigators gained the key for entering into the heart of the new RB, discovering that which appeared to be invisible and elusive, and deliver a number of significant blows to the renewed terrorism, even if the trial has not yet concluded. Narrating this story signifies trying to tell another piece of Italian history, without doubt extremely recent and therefore without the necessary detachment of a historian, but extremely deeply rooted in the ups and downs of Italian terrorism which have ancient roots, and therefore place able within a wider context. This miniseries shows this gripping true story with great quality and respect.

The investigative approach which was adopted after a decade of absence of investigations into terrorism, is precisely one of the most significant aspects: they are investigations which differ from all the others, also carried out using traditional methods but with intelligence and psychological and strategic methods which are different, a challenge already won in the past by the State but which has re-presented itself suddenly and unexpectedly. This new challenge, launched by the RB in 1999 with the murder of Massimo D Antona also seems to have been won, but there is always the danger that sooner or later someone will re-present it. A topic more than ever relevant in the times we are living right now.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store
Re: Parradox Entertainment (UK)
« Reply #1 on: 11 Oct 2013 - 06:43 »

Some interesting stuff there - let me know how you get on with Corleone.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

broonage

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • j'aime tous les dvds.
« Reply #2 on: 11 Oct 2013 - 08:42 »

Excellent, glad to see some of  "newer" titles getting releases in the UK.

The Soavi thrillers/crime films are excellent!
Dig that groove baby.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!
« Reply #3 on: 17 Oct 2013 - 23:09 »

New label Parradox Entertainment are releasing some interesting bits.

Corleone - I bought this one today in HMV. (It was cheaper than online)

Just finished the last episode. What a series, I was extremely impressed. Claudio Gioè gave a superb performance as Totò Riina, totally believable.
Andrea Tidona who plays the role of Giovanni Falcone reminds me a lot of Tomas Milian.

Yes I know I posted this in the dedicated thread also.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.