• 31 Jul 2021 - 09:42
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Screams and J4HI  (Read 5198 times)

Scyther

• Special Cop In Action
    • My Examiner Writings
Video Screams and J4HI
« on: 31 Dec 2013 - 19:10 »

Has anyone ever used these sites/services for grey market needs? I was reading reviews in the latest issue of Shock Cinema magazines taken from copies viewed from these sites. It looks as if both sites have some pretty cool titles available; was just wondering about safety and service before I venture further. Thanks!
G
"When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk."

Farmer_J

• Special Cop In Action
Re: Video Screams and J4HI
« Reply #1 on: 01 Jan 2014 - 09:45 »

They look pretty good. Hopefully they are not like ZDD.  Never heard of J4HI.
Its Santoni disco time!

MarcMorris

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
    • Nucleus Films
« Reply #2 on: 02 Jan 2014 - 09:40 »

What have those sites got that you can't get anywhere else?
Nucleus Films – Movie Releasing/Extras Production/Disc Authoring

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #3 on: 02 Jan 2014 - 19:14 »

Agree with Marc on this one, why line the pockets of the unscrupulous when you can obtain the titles from willing members on here or file sharing communities. What irks me about these sites is how they make money out of the hard work of subbers like DjangoLi, who subs purely out of a love for the films and to make them accessible for anglophone audiences.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #4 on: 02 Jan 2014 - 19:59 »

Agree with Marc on this one, why line the pockets of the unscrupulous when you can obtain the titles from willing members on here or file sharing communities. What irks me about these sites is how they make money out of the hard work of subbers like DjangoLi, who subs purely out of a love for the films and to make them accessible for anglophone audiences.

^^^This

Farmer_J

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #5 on: 02 Jan 2014 - 20:50 »

I must admit, I'm a sucker for the boxes on these dvds, they make the the film look better than the (mostly) awful prints used by most bootleggers.
Its Santoni disco time!

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!
« Reply #6 on: 02 Jan 2014 - 21:00 »

By which I take it that you judge a book by it's cover?

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook 
Letterboxd

Farmer_J

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #7 on: 03 Jan 2014 - 10:37 »

Not all of the time. Just the boxes on these bootlegger labels, then I realize the prints used are probably shite as they keep popping up on other bootlegger sites. There's another one called Cult Action in America now, which is primarily cinemagedddon rips by the look of it.
Its Santoni disco time!

MarcMorris

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
    • Nucleus Films
« Reply #8 on: 03 Jan 2014 - 11:40 »

Anyone with  home PC and a colour printer can easily knock up a DVD cover.
Nucleus Films – Movie Releasing/Extras Production/Disc Authoring

demented_uk

• Cane Arrabbiato
« Reply #9 on: 03 Jan 2014 - 16:01 »

And some of the ones that are being made by fans are of incredible quality. Some are of a better standard than commercial DVD releases.

Farmer_J

• Special Cop In Action
« Reply #10 on: 03 Jan 2014 - 16:10 »

Thank goodness for decent TV rips though  :-\. Makes me glad I got an account on CG.
Its Santoni disco time!

Scyther

• Special Cop In Action
    • My Examiner Writings
« Reply #11 on: 03 Jan 2014 - 22:28 »

My wife and I share a generic laptop, so file sharing is out of the question for me. And I purchase PLENTY of films from companies across the world every week and month, so I have no guilt about supporting the filmmakers, companies, fans and subbers around the world, because I know that I do so on a daily basis. Anyone who knows me, online and in real life, knows very well my passion for this stuff, and my dedication for supporting others who feel the same way.

In essence, all I want to do is watch cult film. Many of them, as a result, happen to be rare. Since I mainly watch physical media (and, of course Netflix/Amazon stuff on my TV), I need an avenue to purchase DVDs. Sites like Diabolik and Amazon don't always carry everything I'd like to see, and I'm not going to bug every member of every forum to burn me DVDrs of every film  (although I'm eternally grateful for those who do), so, as a result, I was just asking about these sites, of which I had never heard, about their reputation.

I don't feel personally attacked here, really, but just wanted to clear my position. Do I buy legit releases? All the time. Just ask my wife about my movie room and film collection. But yeah, if there are no other means to watch a film, I tide myself over with grey market discs until a proper replacement can be acquired. I don't think there's any harm in that, especially when its coming from a perspective of just wanting to see a film, and not having the means to joint a BT community to do so the way I used to when I had a more powerful desktop.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload
« Reply #12 on: 03 Jan 2014 - 22:49 »

My wife and I share a generic laptop, so file sharing is out of the question for me. And I purchase PLENTY of films from companies across the world every week and month, so I have no guilt about supporting the filmmakers, companies, fans and subbers around the world, because I know that I do so on a daily basis. Anyone who knows me, online and in real life, knows very well my passion for this stuff, and my dedication for supporting others who feel the same way.

In essence, all I want to do is watch cult film. Many of them, as a result, happen to be rare. Since I mainly watch physical media (and, of course Netflix/Amazon stuff on my TV), I need an avenue to purchase DVDs. Sites like Diabolik and Amazon don't always carry everything I'd like to see, and I'm not going to bug every member of every forum to burn me DVDrs of every film  (although I'm eternally grateful for those who do), so, as a result, I was just asking about these sites, of which I had never heard, about their reputation.

I don't feel personally attacked here, really, but just wanted to clear my position. Do I buy legit releases? All the time. Just ask my wife about my movie room and film collection. But yeah, if there are no other means to watch a film, I tide myself over with grey market discs until a proper replacement can be acquired. I don't think there's any harm in that, especially when its coming from a perspective of just wanting to see a film, and not having the means to joint a BT community to do so the way I used to when I had a more powerful desktop.

I don't think anyone is calling you out and giving you grief for buying from bootleggers at all. I think the main point is why give these guys money for something they've stolen. If you don't mind paying for it then that's absolutely cool. It's your money, spend it how you will! I used to buy stuff from bootleggers left, right and centre - they've had a tonne of my money - Bit torrent has now saved me a load of cash these days though!

Scyther

• Special Cop In Action
    • My Examiner Writings
« Reply #13 on: 04 Jan 2014 - 01:16 »

I know, Johnny. I didn't really feel that way, either, but just wanted to be clear on how I viewed the matter!  :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.257 seconds with 21 queries.