• 23 Jul 2021 - 23:06
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fear Over The City / Peur sur la ville (Henri Verneuil, 1975)  (Read 34006 times)

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

...and not forgetting some of Belmondo's stunts!

Belmondo was seemingly fearless in those days. I mean how many superstars would risk their lives to carry out dangerous stunts on top of a fast moving train? He really is one of my favourite actors.

Basically Tom Cruise is the modern Belmondo

Hardly. Kudos to Cruise for what he does but there's very little risk in it -the stuff that Belmondo did was insane and incomparable to anything seen in modern Hollywood.
Agreed, respect for Cruise for doing some of his own stuff but you just know that's tightly controlled under strict supervision, whilst Belmondo did more gung ho crazy ass stuff, more comparable with Jackie Chan than Tom Cruise I'd say.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store

I always thought of him as a Gallic Chan too, mate.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

g053584398

• Almost Human

Yeah, the comparison with Jackie Chan makes sense. Luckily for Belmondo I think he suffered far less injuries, although he did hurt himself badly whilst making a film in the '80s and stopped doing dangerous stunts after that I believe.

Longsden

• Special Cop In Action
  • Bastard Squad 666

It was a tongue in cheek comment

robbie

• Almost Human

Just to let you know in France october  6th a 3 DVD box  of 3 of his best action dirty harry style films.It is available at 12 .99 Euros.
Peur sur la ville
Le professional
Le marginal
I have only seen peur sure la ville but worth it just for that.

All hopefully should have English dub as studio canal single dvd versions French releases have this & says English on site
Here is listing on Amazon.fr
http://www.amazon.fr/gp/aw/d/B00YWCVYKC/ref=mp_s_a_1_15?qid=1440426277&sr=8-15&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=belmondo+dvd&dpPl=1&dpID=51t739uolXL&ref=plSrch

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store

The standalone versions all had English audio, Robbie, so there's no reason why they won;t in the set. It's such a shame there aren't any subs. beggars can't be choosers, I guess.

I've seen all three. FEAR is my favourite, by quite a long way, LE PROFESSIONAL is great. LE MARGINAL is the weakest but still worth watching - an absolute steal for three films.

Just an FYI, the UK DVD of LE PROF (released by Optimum) is in French with English subs.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

g053584398

• Almost Human

The UK Optimum release of Le Professionnel should be avoided from what I've heard, since it was transferred in the wrong aspect ratio. If you want English subtitles and the correct framing then the US release from Lions Gate is the one to get. The only downside is that it is single-layered.

robbie

• Almost Human

i am going to get the french box set as it is a fair price  at 12.99 euros. Do not mind english dub myself and thought the dubbing was pretty good on fear over the city. also getting the belmondo film   le manfique along with it.
Unfortunately the other film mentioned on here  l'aspurger  does not seem to have english is that a good film as  look descent but i can not seemed to find it cheap with english dub.

Russell22

• Special Cop In Action

I've got the French studio canal DVD od LE PROFFESIONEL...looks great. Their release of " Peur sur la ville" has a great print also with French audio and English dub. The Eng dub is very well done too.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 22 queries.