• 17 Sep 2021 - 06:07
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Few Dollars For Django/Pochi dollari per Django (Enzo Castellari, 1966)  (Read 3880 times)

LANZETTA

http://imdb.com/title/tt0060084/

Has anyone seen this?

Its in my "to watch" pile which i'm gonna check out soon having today read in the "bio's" section of the KEOMA dvd special features that this was the first movie directed by Enzo G.Castellari and not the credited Leon Klimovsky  :o

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

http://imdb.com/title/tt0060084/

Has anyone seen this?

Its in my "to watch" pile which i'm gonna check out soon having today read in the "bio's" section of the KEOMA dvd special features that this was the first movie directed by Enzo G.Castellari and not the credited Leon Klimovsky  :o
Not a bad SW, run of the mill but still worth a viewing.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

The Hunchback

first movie directed by Enzo G.Castellari and not the credited Leon Klimovsky  :o

Are you certain about this?

Anyway, it's a slightly above average Steffen movie.
The opening scene, while the credits are rolling (which is a bit annoying beause it gets in the way of the great action), is by far the best scene in the whole movie.
A pity the rest of the film can't live up to it.

R-T-C Tim

• Special Cop In Action
  • Rosalba Neri's personal trainer...
    • Mondo Esoterica

Castellari mentions it, I think in the interview on Koch Media's "Johnny Hamlet" DVD. He said that Klimovsky was just completely uninterested in the material, and he took over filming instead - making it his directoral debut.

The British DVD is acceptable, but poor, I think the recent Italian DVD is meant to be a lot better, but although the film is worth watching, it is nothing special, and I have no plans to upgrade.

My review - Some Dollars for Django
Mondo Esoterica - Cult film and DVD reviews from Karl May to Bruno Mattei

LANZETTA

first movie directed by Enzo G.Castellari and not the credited Leon Klimovsky  :o

Thats what it says under "biographies" for Castellari and that he was 25 when he directed this. :-X

IL COMMISSARIO

Klimovsky probably didn't direct this as Harrison says about his involvement with REVEREND COLT...

"Leon Klimovsky is credited as director on this one, but that's because it was a co-pro and for both countries to receive money from the government they had to show the director came from their country. Hence, a director would appear in the credits even though he had no involvement. This was a common practice. Making films in those days was very much wheeling and dealing".
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.