• 20 May 2022 - 11:37
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: The Mother of Tears/The Third Mother/La terza madre (Dario Argento, 2007)  (Read 66035 times)

vigilanteforce

I think Marc is too harsh although I haven't seen the film yet. It can't be that bad...

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!

Was anybody really expecting it to be any good? Parts of Opera aside, Argento hasn't made a good film since Tenebrae.
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook 
Letterboxd

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

I'm not expecting much from it to be honest. I'm very interested in the amount of bare breastedness there seems to be in this though.  Boobs and gore always keep my interest piqued...

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store

Was anybody really expecting it to be any good? Parts of Opera aside, Argento hasn't made a good film since Tenebrae.

I do disagree with you here, Kev – I think although many of his post TENEBRAE films have disappointed initially, they have gotten better with repeat viewings. I really like TRAUMA now and although it's completely absurd, I have a soft spot for PHENOMENA. The only film he's done that I've not liked is PHANTOM OF THE OPERA.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

vigilanteforce

Not to mention THE STENDHAL SYNDROME- I always thought it was a gem. Such a beautifully photographed film.

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"

Not to mention THE STENDHAL SYNDROME- I always thought it was a gem. Such a beautifully photographed film.

I really like STEDNHAL, as I mentioned elsewhere, it's nasty, grimey feel was a real departure for Argento.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

death_proof_reg

I'll still be picking up the DVD to check it out for myself but I'm not surprised in the slightest by Marc's opinion. I've read many similar reviews on the web before this too, the good ones so far seem to be by people who can't bring themselves to knock Argento and are in some sort of state of denial.

Completist that I am, I shall be buying the DVD, whether it's good or bad – I would also like to make up my own mind. Point of trivia: this has been picked up by Optimum Releasing for the UK.

Is there a release date yet? Infact, getting a bit ahead of myself, do you know whats happening with a UK cinema release?

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"

I'll still be picking up the DVD to check it out for myself but I'm not surprised in the slightest by Marc's opinion. I've read many similar reviews on the web before this too, the good ones so far seem to be by people who can't bring themselves to knock Argento and are in some sort of state of denial.

Completist that I am, I shall be buying the DVD, whether it's good or bad – I would also like to make up my own mind. Point of trivia: this has been picked up by Optimum Releasing for the UK.

Is there a release date yet? Infact, getting a bit ahead of myself, do you know whats happening with a UK cinema release?

From what I've heard, this may get a one off FrightFest-style screening before going straight to video here.

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"

Journalist, Argento enthusiast and Frighfest co-organiser Alan Jones wrote the following on the Mandiapple forum:

Quote from: Alan Jones

Optimum films will release mother of tears in the uk, probably around February/March. They only have the dvd rights, but I'm talking to them about mounting a theatrical trilogy event in london with Dario present I'll speak to him in Rome next week when I'm there for the Italian premiere and see if I can firm this up

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

The only film he's done that I've not liked is PHANTOM OF THE OPERA.
Same here, although i haven't seen JENIFER or DO YOU LIKE HITCHCOCK yet.

I'd lik to see a subtitled print of LE CINQUE GIORNATE, i tried sitting through it in Italian once but turned it off.

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Kevin Coed

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Aarrgghh!

I think you've fucked the quotes up there, Tanzi!
"I'm annoyed and it's all your fucking fault you fucking cunt" - Jonny 20/04/13

Facebook 
Letterboxd

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

I think you've fucked the quotes up there, Tanzi!
oh yeah, ignore kevs name on the post, i was answering pauls post

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

grantwal

I'm thinking if I watch with low expectations then it'll be alright. I reckon that if all I'm asking is tits and gore then hopefully I'll be happy.

MarcMorris

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
    • Nucleus Films

This one is causing some quite amusing debate over at the Anchor Bay forums. Those that haven't seen it are slagging off one guy that has, claiming he must an Argento hater!  ;D

I've seen it so I know he's right. It wasn't pulled from the Italian cinema circuit for nothing.
Nucleus Films – Movie Releasing/Extras Production/Disc Authoring

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

I also noticed that there's a guy posting every positive review he can lay his hands on over at ABUK and DVD Maniacs. The guy has actually convinced himself he's going to like it come what may. He seems almost deluded.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.