• 13 Aug 2022 - 12:42
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Mother of Tears/The Third Mother/La terza madre (Dario Argento, 2007)  (Read 67685 times)

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures

I borrowed a friend's copy of the Dimension disc for a DVDBeaver review.  Does anyone know if the Optimum disc was dual-layer?  I have a burn of an advance copy and that was single-layered (and not shrunk as the combined DVD files did not completely fill up the disc).  I haven't done a visual comparison but audio-wise, I think the Dimension disc sounds better (although that's probably subjective).  Now, if only the film were better...

vigilanteforce

Good review, we pretty much have the same thoughts on the movie  :-X

ramiz

• Anonymous Avenger
  • Arrivederci...

It's more like a Fulci horror than an Argento giallo, but I liked it because it has so much from that cheesy but still intriguing European horror-feel. And Udo Kier is the best of course! ::)

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato

... like 30 monutes needed to be chopped from that film...

Sorry to dig up an old thread but has anyone else seen the (unofficial) Dr Sapirstein edit of Mother of Tears? I just finished watching it today and was really impressed with the work that went into it. It basically removes a lot of the crappier, unnecessary scenes, bad CGI and poor dubbing / voice-overs and re-edits the film into quite a tight and surprisingly coherent 66 minutes. The film is still deeply flawed of course but it's definitely an interesting version to watch for Argento fans.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

Not something I'd be arsed to watch again in any form  :-\

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store

You should Watch Dracula, Aarron. Makes MoT look half decent.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

aerodynamics

• One Just Man

Sorry to dig up an old thread but has anyone else seen the (unofficial) Dr Sapirstein edit of Mother of Tears? I just finished watching it today and was really impressed with the work that went into it. It basically removes a lot of the crappier, unnecessary scenes, bad CGI and poor dubbing / voice-overs and re-edits the film into quite a tight and surprisingly coherent 66 minutes. The film is still deeply flawed of course but it's definitely an interesting version to watch for Argento fans.

I wasn't familiar with the Sapirstein edit (thanks for the heads up!), so snatched a copy and started to watch it last night.  I had just watched the original film a couple of weeks ago -- a friend and Argento fan came over and hadn't seen the movie before so we decided to watch it.  Unfortunately I fell asleep half way in, but my initial impression is that it seemed like a highlight reel of the full version.  Possibly that was  due to my recent familiarity from having watched the original so recently and kept noticing things that seemed missing.  I did like the way the new soundtrack created a sense of creeping terror and dread.  Although I don't hate "Mother of Tears", it's just not that good to begin with and I'm not sure the original elements can be salvaged.  I will have to try to watch the fan edit from beginning to end when I get a chance, but honestly I'm just not that motivated to spending another hour of time with that movie in any form.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 21 queries.