• 01 Feb 2023 - 04:21
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: The Mother of Tears/The Third Mother/La terza madre (Dario Argento, 2007)  (Read 70160 times)

CardPlayer4

Anyone got any news on the forthcoming Italian DVD release?

according to one member of witchstory.com,the italian dvd will be available in the 9th of April. :D

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store

Welcome to the forum, Guillaume.  :P

thanks Paul (and Jonny too! ::))

Paul,are you the Henri Verneuil's fan of dvdmaniacs?? ;) :P

I love the Henri Verneuil films I've seen, mate. Not seen too many though - go by my full, proper name on Maniacs, Paul Alaoui, but don't post too much over there.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

CardPlayer4

go by my full, proper name on Maniacs, Paul Alaoui, but don't post too much over there.

ah ok,myself i'm Guillaume P from maniacs! :D

CardPlayer4

My Imdb's user comment about MOT,but forgive me for my weak english writing... :(:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0804507/usercomments-14

Vito Cipriani

• Almost Human

Welcome to the forum, Guillaume.  :P

thanks Paul (and Jonny too! ::))

Paul,are you the Henri Verneuil's fan of dvdmaniacs?? ;) :P
Hi Guillaume. You might be thinking of me, Paul Lewis. I have a Verneuil obsession  :D

Nice to see you here, by the way  :P
'Society has many means of protecting itself: bureaucracy, red tape... and the revolver'

Ben Cobb

• Cane Arrabbiato

Just got an email from Optimum saying that they will release their Mother of Tears DVD on April 28th. Still no sign of that Italian disc...
"It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again."

monkeyman

Well Ive now seen it-subtitled dvd print.

Sorry to have to report its a disaster of biblical proportions,an insult to the memory of the first two films.Scene after stupid scene of ghosts,sexual violence,terrible CGI,embarrassing scenes of Asia wishing herself invisible-I really dont know where to begin with this one.I will probably review it once Ive collected my thoughts but as far as Im concerned my favourite director is officially a spent force.
Just about the only thing I liked was the score.

Peter Neal

Just got an email from Optimum saying that they will release their Mother of Tears DVD on April 28th. Still no sign of that Italian disc...

Just the kind of news I've been waiting for. ::)

So, the moment of truth is coming closer..... :-\ :-* :-\

zykl0nb

Well Ive now seen it-subtitled dvd print.

Sorry to have to report its a disaster of biblical proportions,an insult to the memory of the first two films.Scene after stupid scene of ghosts,sexual violence,terrible CGI,embarrassing scenes of Asia wishing herself invisible-I really dont know where to begin with this one.I will probably review it once Ive collected my thoughts but as far as Im concerned my favourite director is officially a spent force.
Just about the only thing I liked was the score.

I feel the exact same way about it..

CardPlayer4

the Medusa dvd will be available on April 9th.
Ben,do you know if the Optimum dvd will offer english subtitles and some extras??

zykl0nb

The version I saw was in English.  The problem I have with this, and all of Dario Argento's films from the 90s and up, is that it's as though he's completely forgotten the style that made him great in the first place.  Compositions look like absolute shit in this one.  I guess he forgot the surreal lighting of SUSPIRIA and INFERNO?  There's a seen with an obnoxious group of girls dressed either as goths or punks, not sure which, that walk around and guffaw to convey their evilness.  If these are the disciples of the third mother, who the hell would be frightened?  Even the music is bad in some segments, not sure what's happened to Claudio Simonetti either!

CardPlayer4

The version I saw was in English.  The problem I have with this, and all of Dario Argento's films from the 90s and up, is that it's as though he's completely forgotten the style that made him great in the first place.  Compositions look like absolute shit in this one.  I guess he forgot the surreal lighting of SUSPIRIA and INFERNO?

yes,the "Disney" lightning of SUSPINFERNO is (almost) nowhere to be found,but i liked the dark,cold cinematography...the use of shadows in some scenes isn't bad at all and the Roma's locations are quite striking,IMO.
Aside from Daria Nicolodi's questionable character and a few clumsy bits of Asia's acting,i have no major problems with this entertaining,outlandish fun ride.

vigilanteforce

The Argento mafia hits lovelock and load as well. Cardplayer4 just admit dario is paying you to advertise his movies on every forum! I stopped posting at DVD maniacs because of the non-stop argento talk and now it happens here too.... this coming from an argento fan.

CardPlayer4

dario is paying you to advertise his movies on every forum!

ohhh i'd love to be paid for all the publicity i've done for this film,lol !!! ::) ::)
and i probably deserve it,lol! :P :-\

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

yes,the "Disney" lightning of SUSPINFERNO...

I have no idea what you are referring to when you say 'Disney' lighting. WTF does that mean? I've seen a lot of Disney movies too btw.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 21 queries.