• 20 May 2022 - 11:34
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: Night of the Devils / La notte dei diavoli (Giorgio Ferroni, 1972)  (Read 68645 times)

Stephen Grimes

Anyone seen the Spanish disc yet?
I have a dupe of the English language tape from Japan which is nice looking but isn't it about time this classic had the SE treatment!

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

does it have English on it, i enjoy a Gianni Garko film :-\

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Stephen Grimes

does it have English on it
No sadly not,just Italian and Spanish.

Inspector Tanzi

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • Leonardo Tanzi is the Don!

does it have English on it
No sadly not,just Italian and Spanish.
God damn it! :-[

"When I read the book of Mormon, I feel closer to Jesus Christ."

Hans

I absolutely love this film.  I have a English language dvdr from a Japanese tape.  I think this is one of Gianni Garko's best non-western roles.  Agnostina Belli is also amazingly beautiful in this flim.  An excellent mix of traditional horror and modern, 70s filmmaking.  A classic.

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures

The Spanish disc is apparently the Spanish theatrical cut which would be missing the nudity and likely most of the violence since its comes from the Franco era (I believe this has been confirmed for the same label's release of LEGEND OF BLOOD CASTLE).

Stephen Grimes

Thanks Eric,glad i didn't bother with it now.

Anyone notice little Irina was played by Cinzia De Carolis who 8 years later went on to star as the teenage seductress living next door to John Saxon in CANNIBAL APOCALYPSE,both great roles from an excellent actress.

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato

Likewise, glad I didn't bother too. I was going to pick up the Spanish print and fan sub it as I love this film but the Japanese print with it's annoying optical fogging will have to do for now.

Anyone know what the Italian language print is like in terms of being uncut? I'd have thought it would be complete?. I do see the VHS on eBay for about £40-50 now and again (there's been 2 this year).

ecc

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • CineVentures

Probably rarer than the Japanese and Italian tapes is the Dutch Video for Pleasure release which I've never come across.

Stephen Grimes

There's also an uncut English language tape from Sweden on the Videce label,supposedly a very nice looking print though i'm not sure if it's lbx or not.

EDIT
It is lbx

MarcMorris

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
    • Nucleus Films

Probably rarer than the Japanese and Italian tapes is the Dutch Video for Pleasure release which I've never come across.

I have the Dutch tape here too  ;D
Nucleus Films – Movie Releasing/Extras Production/Disc Authoring

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

Running times for Dutch, Japanese and Italian VHS tapes...

Video For Pleasure (NL) 83m 35s
TDK Super (Jap) 89m 06s
Easy (IT) 85m 23s

Hans

Thanks Eric,glad i didn't bother with it now.

Anyone notice little Irina was played by Cinzia De Carolis who 8 years later went on to star as the teenage seductress living next door to John Saxon in CANNIBAL APOCALYPSE,both great roles from an excellent actress.

I thought that both of the child actors in this one were stellar.  I can't say enough about this movie.  An SE dvd would be killer. :)

Luca Canali

• Cane Arrabbiato

Cheers guys, looks like the Italian tape is the way forward then, I wonder if the Dutch tape is shorter because of frame jmps/print damage?.
If I ever bag myself an Italian cassette, I'll be sure to fan sub that bad boy right away. 

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

Cheers guys, looks like the Italian tape is the way forward then, I wonder if the Dutch tape is shorter because of frame jmps/print damage?.
If I ever bag myself an Italian cassette, I'll be sure to fan sub that bad boy right away. 

The only downer about the Italian tape is that it's the only VHS version that isn't letterboxed.  :-[
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.