• 30 Nov 2022 - 22:27
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit the Tee Shirt Store - NEW designs!! HERE

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Dorian Gray / Il Dio chiamato Dorian (Massimo Dallamano, 1970)  (Read 45011 times)

fdsmedia

Today I received an invitation to MIPCOM, a huge trade show for films and such - and I noticed that the owner of Dorian Gray lists it as one of their top priorities on the international market during this event - and one can only hope that they'll manage to find an english-speaking licensee...  :-X

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
  • I've some extremely distressing news
    • lovelockandload

I hope so too!

I've been looking around for info on this film today and noticed that the old UK VHS release is 82m 19s, the German DVD listed on eBay lists a run time of 91m and the BBFC list the uncut UK cinema print as 101m 5s and the UK re-release VHS on Polygram runs 91m 28s...

The Polygram VHS (under the title 'The Secret of Dorian Gray') was passed with no cuts made, so the old pre-cert on Videoform looks to be the cut version.

There's a Polygram VHS for sale on Amazon but it's £25!

Mart85

Yeah just checked my DVDR and it clocks in at 82mins.  I thought it was longer but someone must've left the tape running or something.

fdsmedia

Their trade show info brochure says it's 104 mins. Weird.

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

Their trade show info brochure says it's 104 mins. Weird.

It's crazy isn't it?

Here's the info on the film when it was submitted to the BBFC in 1973

Dorian Gray BBFC info

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store

The seller refunded my money, so fair play to him. Let's hope a US or UK distributor pick it up soon.
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

Found a copy of an American VHS release (Republic) of this film that runs 91 mins 40s, not sure if it's cut at all though. If the PAL version is uncut and runs 91m 28s, then in my book a 91m NTSC version is shorter?

Picture quality is decent, though not widescreen.

MarcMorris

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
    • Nucleus Films

I still have the Polygram release from 1998, run time is 91m 31s (the pre cert runs only 82m 19s and loses a lot of the gay related footage).
Nucleus Films – Movie Releasing/Extras Production/Disc Authoring

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

I still have the Polygram release from 1998, run time is 91m 31s (the pre cert runs only 82m 19s and loses a lot of the gay related footage).

You certainly take your time letting me know about these things Marc! I put out a request on the pre-cert forums about the Polygram release with no reply a couple of months ago...

Paul

• Global Moderator
  • Cane Arrabbiato
  • "Vamos A Matar!"
    • The Overlook Movie Store

You certainly take your time letting me know about these things Marc! I put out a request on the pre-cert forums about the Polygram release with no reply a couple of months ago...

You should have jus taken it as a given that he would have one, eh?  :-\
"Allow me to explain. Your mother is a whore, your father is a damn thief, and your grandfather is a notorious fag... and as for your sister..." - Yodlaf Peterson

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

Some grabs from the German DVD, runs 90min 48secs

fdsmedia

Pity about the lack of English options... I wonder if they found another buyer at last year's MIPTV...

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

I'm going to add the English track from the uncut UK sell through VHS. Needs converting to anamorphic 16:9 too...

fdsmedia

Great - looking forward to it!  ::)

Jonny

• Cane Arrabbiato
    • lovelockandload

Quick update on the progress of the fandub...

I've finished adding the English track to the German DVD but found a few scenes in the German print that aren't present on the English print and so have found myself with a couple of scenes with German audio only. Also I found a couple of scenes in the English print that aren't in the German one! So I've inserted the English language, VHS sourced, footage into the German print.

I'm thinking I should subtitle the German audio sections into English but the German DVD has no subtitle options on it so I'll have to make the subs from scratch, which I've never done before. I might have to enlist the help of one of our subtitling experts to help me out with this bit!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.